Health, Fun and Happiness for Everyone through Charitable, Community Leisure
Thank you for your support & patience through the COVID-19 pandemic. The following information may not coincide with our re-opening plan.
Who are we:
Rossendale Leisure Trust is the largest not for profit Charitable Trust in the Valley. Established in 2004, we still aspire to promote an active and healthy community within Rossendale.
We believe that everyone deserves health, fun and happiness and we are committed to offering this through the leisure facilities we provide.
Rossendale Leisure Trust is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
We run three main facilities including:
- Adrenaline Centre, Haslingden, home to fun, family activities Grip & Go, Laser Tag, Roller Skating, Gym as well as health and wellbeing facilities such as a ladies only gym, indoor and outdoor sports facilities and group exercise studios.
- Marl Pits, Newchurch, which includes our welcoming and friendly gym, studios, well maintained swimming pool and toddler pool and outdoor sports facilities.
- Pioneer, Bacup, houses a modern open-plan gym with an indoor running track, group exercise studio and an exclusive spin studio.
The Trust has a growing development team working in the areas of Sport and Healthy lifestyles.
Some of the work we are most proud of is our community programme which includes school-based sport and activity provision, as well as delivering over 100 primary school sports competitions and outreach sessions within the community.
We have over 500,000 customer visits a year at our facilities, along with a headcount of over 500,000 a year passing through our in-school and community outreach and coaching programmes. We have also managed to bring in over £2,000,000 of grant funding to the Valley since 2004 for a variety of project and facilities.
What this means:
As a Charitable Trust, we work to benefit the Rossendale communities. We have no financial shareholders therefore, we can reinvest all profits back into the services and facilities that we provide. This allows us to continually improve sport and leisure for the local people.
The Leisure Trust is led by a Board of Trustees, all of whom are local people with a shared passion for health, well-being, sport, and most importantly, Rossendale. All Trustees volunteer their time and skills to direct company affairs.
Our Board of Trustees:
- Chair Roger Fulton
- Vice Chair Keith Pilkington
- Peter Terry
- John Yates
- Tony Caine
- Peter Wilmers
- Gemma Rooke
- Coun. Granville Morris
- Coun. Adrian Lythgoe
- Staff Rep. Maxine Hayman
* These are centre opening times. For swimming pool times please visit our pool timetables.