- WIFI FREE TIME
- Have a set time every day when the WiFi is unplugged & screens are out of use.
- This time can be used to play a game, make a healthy recipe, go for a walk/bike ride, run around the garden, dance... anything to get moving!
- Having time away from screens is essential for kid's mental health and can help build relationships within your home.
- ASK THEM TO HELP YOU WITH A HOUSEHOLD CHORE
- Young kids thrive off of helping out!
- Ask them to help you with the gardening, cleaning your car, sorting out your wardrobe, delivering a letter.
- INTEGRATE THEIR INTERESTS INTO WORKOUTS
- Search for TikTok, Twitch, Disney (etc) dance workouts and join in with them! There are plenty of resources on the Change4Life website.
- Walk & spot: for example, if they like cars, go for a walk and get them to count how many red cars they spot.
- If they usually play a sport, get them to teach you how to play!
- CHALLENGE THEM
- Give them 1 hour to come up with a game or dance routine, and if they complete the task, they can have a small treat.
- WATER PLAY
- We all know kids love being messy. So when the weather is nice, kit them up with water pistols and send them into the garden.
- Give them a paintbrush & pot of water and let them paint with water on the pavement (make sure they are supervised!).
When lockdown is over, it's a great idea to get kids involved in regular sport. It helps to raise their confidence, develop social skills, make friends, and be active! Here's some info on the types of sports kids can do on the Change4Life website.
Rossendale Leisure Trust also have plenty for kids to do! We have Junior Courses, Grip & Go, Splash & Slide, Scate & Scoot, Laser Tag, skiing/tubing, and loads more! Give us a ring when we reopen to find out more: 01706 227016