Fitting exercise into your daily life can be difficult. Balancing a full-time job, housework and family life as well as other commitments that come up along the way means that we often struggle to stick to a proper exercise routine. For many of us, first thing in the morning is when we have the most time. Other than getting ready for work and maybe taking the kids to school, there aren’t many more commitments so early in the morning. When the evening comes around though, you may often find other things popping up that takes your time, such as meeting with friends for dinner, or having to go out shopping because you forgot to get everything you need at the weekend. This is one reason why it is better to exercise early in the morning, but there are many more reasons you should consider hitting the gym first thing:
- Improved Productivity – Physical activity gets our endorphins flowing, making you feel more awake. If you feel energised at the start of the day, you will perform better throughout.
- Boosted Metabolism – Exercising early means that your metabolism will be performing better as you’re eating, rather than whilst you’re sleeping, resulting in more calories being burned per day.
- Better Sleep – Exercising later in the evening can disrupt sleep, as the endorphins that have been released during your workout are causing your body to become too stimulated to sleep. Exercising early means you’ll be knackered once its bedtime.
- Build Muscle Efficiently – Testosterone levels are at their peak first thing in the morning, putting you in prime muscle-building mode.
- Less Stress – exercising lowers the level of stress hormones in your body as well as relieving tension, meaning you can arrive at work in a good mindset ready for the day.
All of these benefits are why we have decided to start opening our doors at 6am Monday – Friday. This may allow some of you more time to be able to use our facilities and implement exercise more suitably into your schedule. It only takes around 2 months to get into a routine, start the timer now!