This type of fitness class is a Cardiovascular workout. This is being able to exercise the whole body for long periods of time without getting tired. Being able to complete long endurance activities. It increases the body's ability to work the muscles for long period of times. Although it is cardiovascular training it involves Interval training. This is physical training method which consists of high intensity and low intensity periods. Interval works with both aerobic and anaerobic system. This type of training is beneficial as it improves cardiovascular fitness and also increases your stroke volume quickly, which makes your heart stronger and more efficient as the blood is being pumped around the body quicker.
There are several benefits to participating in HIIT class such as:
1. Health Benefits- Exercise is proven to improve health and well being overall. However HITT is a fitness class which is found to be an efficient way of reducing blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar levels after only 8 – 12 weeks. However before starting any exercise programme, not completely sure to how it will affect you talking to your doctor, a health professional would be advised.
2. Time efficient- Dont have the time to complete a full workout in the gym? That is no excuse. These classes are short and efficient, duration only lasting from 30-45 minutes. This is a quick way of changing your body shape and increasing your fitness, in a fun and short period of time. Although you must work to your best ability to see the best results!
3. Burning calories and Increased fat loss- Struggling to get that summer body in time? No need to panic HIIT classes are available! Research shows that one HITT fitness class can have as big as or bigger impact as completing a long boring endurance cardio session! A 30 minute HIIT class can burn up to 30% more calories than any other source of exercise.
4. Challenging- Are you up for a challenge? HIIT fitness classes offer something for everybody. Allows beginners a quicker way of seeing results as well as constantly being able to push yourself to any level, therefore you are never getting bored!
5. Building more muscle, maintaining muscle mass- Struggling to spot that beach body? Although HIIT classes help to lose body weight, increase fat loss. It has a large impact on muscle gaining. HIIT workouts allow individuals to maintain muscle mass as well as gradually building it up.
So what are you waiting for? This is your time to get fit and active in little time!
This blog was written by Lois from Haslingden High School, who is currently completing work experience with the Trust