With our amazing success in the World Cup, many of you may have the thought of taking up cricket lingering in your mind. There are many benefits both mentally and physically, which is why you should pursue that thought.
- Enhance endurance – cricket matches are often very long, which improves the bodies ability to process, store and use energy efficiently.
- Improves posture – long hours testing your bone and muscle in your lower back, hips and thighs will improve them over time.
- Improves agility – you need to be agile and flexible in order to bowl, hit and catch.
- Increased mobility – becoming more mobile improves fitness overall
- Enhance strength – practicing actions involved in cricket help to build muscle and strength
- Improved coordination – It’s not only hitting and catching the ball that require good coordination, coordination between limbs is important when bowling.
- Developing strategy – a strong skill set for teamwork will be developed by considering multiple elements throughout the game to develop a winning strategy.
- Improve emotional strength – making plans will increase your dissolve to see them through which can be used as a valuable life skill
- As with most sports, injuries may often occur. He’s how to try and prevent that from happening to you.
- Drink water before, during and after
- Always warm up, stretch and cool down
- Practice good technique often
- Bowlers should restrict the number of overs bowled per game
- Wear the right protective equipment
Looking to start easing your way into fitness before starting cricket? Then our current World Cup win celebration offer is for you. Join now and pay a small sum of £2.41 until September! This offer ends 23rd August, so don’t miss it! Visit reception or call 01706 227016 to join now.