Light Winter Warmers
Chicken & Pumpkin Bake
- 1 large pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 237 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 800g chicken chopped thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic chopped cloves
- 125ml white wine (optional)
- 125g cream cheese
- 185ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Baby spinach
- 25g finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Boil pumpkin until soft (around 15 mins), drain and mash. Season.
- Fry the chicken until browned, remove from pan.
- Fry leek and garlic, reduce to low heat and add wine, simmering for 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, stock, cornflour and milk; add the chicken and thyme and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick; add spinach.
- Pour the chicken mix into a baking dish, top with pumpkin mash. Bake for 20 mins.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and oil, bake for a further 10 mins.
Smokey Chipotle Mex Pumpkin Soup
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon smokey chipotle seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 litre chicken/veg stock
- 1 large pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled & chopped
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 170g sour cream
- 100g grated spicy cheese
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium head. Add onion, garick and chipotle seasoning. Once browned, add stock and pumpkin, simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, blend with a stick blender and reheat.
- Add sour cream and tortilla chips to add texture.
All recipes from taste.com.au