Did you know that getting active and exercising can help:
• Reduce anxiety and stress
• Combat low mood
• Increase self-esteem
• Strengthen your immune system
• Improve sleep
• Contributes toward a healthy weight
It can help you feel good on the inside and out.
There are lots of different types of exercise, but the most important thing is finding something that you enjoy, something that makes you feel good! Whether that is the rush of the spin bike, the mindful flow of yoga, achieving a new personal best in lifting weights or simply hitting your daily steps target.
As you work through finding the movement that makes you feel great, be sure to take the time and find out what works best for you and your lifestyle!
Types of movement
Consider the types of movement that you enjoy or focus on areas that will help you achieve your goals.
- Group exercise – Clubbercise, Body Pump, Meta fit and Hiit Step are great for burning calories, whilst having fun with friends or meeting new people. Pilates, Yoga or Tai Chi might be more your thing, helping to improve flexibility and balance.
- Strength training – Weighted workouts, gym programmes, or personal training sessions are great ways to build strength and tone up.
- Swimming – lengths, family swims or lessons are a good all-around, full-body workout and perfect for people who may have some injuries, arthritis, or other conditions.
- Sports – badminton, squash, football, climbing, and skiing are great ways to socialize or meet new people whilst keeping active and having fun.
- Outdoors – walking routes, cycling and running are a great way to keep active if you love the outdoors, they can be a simple solution to work into your daily routines.
Safety is the key when it comes to exercise. Always work to your abilities and ask for advice and support in progressing safely to achieve your goals.
Take it slowly and make a plan
Consider what works for you and your schedule, create a plan that makes exercise more easily achievable, e.g. try an online class to work out between childcare and still have the interaction to keep you motivated!
We understand that it is hard when starting something new; finding the right facilities, equipment and support can help you achieve your goals. With a Rossendale Leisure Trust membership you have access to 4 gyms across the valley, 2 swimming pools, over 100 group exercise classes per week, virtual and on-demand classes, as well as a supportive and encouraging team of fitness professionals; helping you find your feel good no matter what exercise it is you love to do!
Find out more about our member benefits, support, and classes at www.rltrust.co.uk/memberships