Fitness is more than just how you look…
Incorporating superfoods into your diet can have more benefits than you realise. When it comes to brain health, eating more of the following can help improve your memory, help build good fats in your brain, and maintain overall brain health while reducing your risk of Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, and depression.
WHAT IS AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY?
Anti-inflammatory is the property of a substance or treatment that reduces inflammation or swelling. Anti-inflammatory-rich foods may help reduce inflammation and improve symptoms of some common health conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis. There is no single anti-inflammatory diet, but a diet that includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and healthful fats may help manage inflammation.
WHAT IS AN ANTIOXIDANT?
Antioxidants are compounds that inhibit oxidation. Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against free radicals, which may play a role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases. Free radicals are molecules produced when your body breaks down food or when you’re exposed to tobacco smoke or radiation.
Foods to Boost your Brain Function!
1. Fatty fish e.g. salmon, trout – full of Omega-3.
2. Blueberries – full of anti-inflammatories & antioxidants.
3. Turmeric – can boost mood & help new brain cells grow.
4. Broccoli – can improve memory and help protect the brain from damage.
5. Pumpkin seeds – full of vitamins that are linked to less risk of Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s & depression.
6. Dark chocolate – proven mood-booster.
7. Oranges – vitamin C is suggested to help reduce age-related mental decline.